PE and Sport Premium
Sports Premium Grant (SPG) funding
The DfE state that the Sports Premium Grant ‘must be used to fund additional and sustainable improvements to the provision of PE and sport, for the benefit of primary-aged pupils to encourage the development of healthy, active lifestyles.’
At Whitehouse Common, our vision is for all children to be ACHIEVERS. We believe that our aims for Physical Education & Physical Activity (PEPA), and the targeted and strategic use of the Sports Premium Grant funding will support us in achieving our vision.
Our aim is for the pupil Sports Premium Grant funding to be used to enhance our current provision, and achieve and exceed our aims in Physical Education and Physical Activity; these are to offer opportunities for children to:
- Enjoy and be physically active.
- Recognise the importance of a physically active lifestyle
- Engage in a wide range of opportunities to motivate and inspire active lifestyle choices in and out of school
- Develop physical skills in all aspects of physical education through a wide and varied curriculum.
- Engage in activities that develop cardio-vascular health, mobility, speed, flexibility, muscular strength and stamina.
- Develop positive attitudes to good sporting behaviour, competition and fair play as individual participants, team members and spectators.
- Understand the need for safe practice in physical activities and how to achieve this.
- Set targets for themselves and compete against others, individually and as a team member.
- Understand the learning process that is involved in striving for and reaching competence.
- Use their creativity to plan, perform and evaluate in all areas of physical education and activity, make up their own games and respond to problem solving and challenging activities.
- Acquire cross-curricular skills involving Maths, Literacy, Science, Geography, Music, Technology and communication.
- To promote high quality physical education and activity so all pupils learn to love being active both within and outside curriculum time.
We recognise the important of a healthy and physical active lifestyle, and firmly believe that this also leads to higher achievement, confidence and self-esteem.