Our School Motto – “Out of little acorns, mighty oaks grow.”
At Whitehouse Common Primary the children are at the centre of what we do. Our broad and balanced curriculum is built upon strong pedagogical principles and offers a variety of rich and creative learning experiences.
Academic achievement is only one part of the vision of our school. We recognise that each child in our Whitehouse Common family is an individual with different needs, abilities and aspirations and we aim to discover what each child is good at whilst encouraging them to show determination, perseverance, curiosity and a love of learning. We are an inclusive school, intent on ensuring that all children aim high and reach their potential in a culture of success and support.
We aim for our children to be ACHIEVERS and to:
- Be respectful and productive members of the community
- Develop inquisitive minds, have a spirit of curiosity and a passion for learning
- Be equipped with the skills to fully participate in an ever-changing world
- Have high expectations and self-belief to enable them to fulfil their potential
- Reflect on their learning and seek to extend themselves; mentally, physically and spiritually
- Persevere and learn from their mistakes
- Have the courage and confidence to take calculated risks
Whitehouse Common Primary adopts the ‘Birmingham Curriculum Statement’, the principle of which is that ALL children in Birmingham will experience a broad and balanced curriculum enabling them to grow and learn in an environment without prejudice or inequality.
The full statement is available to view here on the school website.
The School Day - Times
Nursery - Acorns Building
Reception and Key Stage 1 - Acorns Building
Morning: 8:50am - 12:00pm
Afternoon: 1:00pm - 3:20pm
Key Stage 2 - Oaks Building
Morning: 8:50am - 12:40pm
Afternoon: 1:40pm - 3:30pm
Children should arrive no earlier than 10 minutes before the start of the day.
Teachers will be on duty in classrooms to care for your children from 8:40am.